Hello to all of my lovely readers, and Happy Friday!! I know I have mentioned being engaged and getting married on this blog before, so I thought I would make a little post about how the planning is coming along so far! We have just under 4 months to go until the big day! All of the major decisions have been made… we have selected our venue/caterer, our photographer, our florist, our DJ, my dress and the bridesmaids dresses, the hair/makeup team, and our baker for the cake! Everything is going pretty swimmingly so far! (Knock on wood!!) My current projects include:
- deciding on invitations
- picking out / ordering favors for guests
- finding a veil
- finding shoes
- meeting with my alterations team for dress modifications (( I fell in LOVE with my dress when I found it, but I think some slight tweaks that we have planned will take it to the next level!))
- finalizing floral arrangements with Kathy, my AMAZING florist! (( florals have been one of my favorite components of the wedding planning so far… flowers/foliage are so important to me… they truly transform a space!! ))
- helping my mom pick her mother of the bride dress!
- writing vows ❤ every time I start thinking about what I want to say I start crying!!
I think I’ve been doing a decent job of staying on top of things… but I’m sure the stress will come as the date gets closer. I don’t think I am or have been a bride-zilla though, so that’s a plus! 🙂
OK now for some pictures!! 🙂
The Venue: I don’t want to give too much away, but our venue is a glass-walled garden pavilion in Carmel! It’s a beautiful space, and even more beautiful once it’s set for an event! That fabric swoop on the ceiling is TO DIE FOR!!
Flower Inspiration: I have been working with Kathy from McNamara Florists, and she is so wonderful! She understands my vision so well, and I am so excited to see the vision become a reality! Here are some images we’ve been looking at for inspiration for the wedding arrangements!
Kathy also created the bouquet we used in our engagement photo shoot! See below 🙂 Those mauve-colored roses are also to die for and will be in our wedding arrangements for sure!!
Bridesmaid Dresses: Again, not giving away too much here… but we FINALLY found one! Style is below… but I’m not revealing the color! It’s definitely not navy or anywhere close to the blue family as shown in the pictures below 🙂 But I do love the style & I think this will look so cute on all of my girls ❤ (( one of whom is pictured on the right below! 🙂 ))
Wedding planning has been really fun so far…. so please keep your fingers crossed that it continues on that way!! 🙂
Thank you for reading, and have a great weekend!! XXOO, Em